This was my friend Aggie’s special recipe for Stroganoff with Ground Beef and it’s quick and yummy. Aggie and I met at West Coast Swing dance lessons in the year 2000. Dancing became our passion and many of our new friends would have dance parties at their homes. We would do pot luck dinners after dancing and this was one of our favorite dishes.
How easy is this Stroganoff with Ground Beef recipe?
Chopping the onions & garlic and gathering the other ingredients should only take you 10 or 15 minutes, so you’ll be on your way to making a great stroganoff with ground beef in short order. Once you sauté the onions & garlic and get the hamburger browned, there’s not much more to it at all!
Don’t forget to get the water for the noodles boiling as you’re browning the hamburger. That way, you can have perfect al dente pasta ready to go once you’re done with the rest of the steps in this ground beef stroganoff recipe.
For dessert with this hamburger stroganoff, I’d recommend you try my friend Kathy’s Cranberry Bread. The sweet and tart taste of her dessert bread is so perfect after the creamy, home-cooked flavor of this ground beef stroganoff. You’ll be glad you tried it!
Quick Stroganoff with Ground Beef (Creamy and Easy)
- 1/2 cup onion (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can mushrooms (sliced & drained)
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sauté onion & garlic in butter medium heat
- Stir in meat & brown
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and mushrooms
- cook 5 minutes
- (While that's cooking, get your noodles or instant rice started in another pot)
- Stir in soup to your pan with the other ingredients and simmer 10 min
- Stir in sour cream and heat through
- Serve over the noodles or rice you got started in step 5 and enjoy! 🙂