Chicken is a great staple or most households. Adults and children enjoy this meat and this recipe is sure to please everyone.
I love to serve rice with this recipe as it makes its own creamy sauce right in the skillet. You can also serve it over mashed potatoes if that is your preference. Corn is a great side dish to go with this meal.
As a newlywed I lived about 70 miles from my folks. This was a perfect meal to serve as it is easy to cook and I was able to visit without being stuck in the kitchen too long.
Creamy Chicken and Rice
- 12" skillet
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can water
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a 12 inch skillet, brown chicken with onion in oiled skillet.
- Pour 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can water over chicken.
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning and turmeric over chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.