I met my dear friend Aggie at dance lessons along with many singles who had always wanted to learn special dances.
We spent our Tuesday,Friday and Sundays learning West Coast Swings, Salsa, Night Club 2 step and Country line dancing.
Our group would also go to each others homes and have dance parties.Everyone would bring pot luck goodies.
One of these was an authentic Hawaiian Luau with hula dancers, fire dancers and of course dance music for us.
These pineapple bars were a big hit with our Hawaiian theme.
They are easy to make and you can double the recipe for parties.
Sunny Pineapple Bars
- 9×9 pan , large mixing bowl
- 1 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Garnish with powdered sugar
- Mix butter, sugar, and eggs in large bowl
- Beat in flour, baking soda and salt
- Stir in pineapple
- Spread into greased 9 x 9 sq pan
- Bake at 350 28 -33 min . Cool at least 10 min.
- Note Bars are a gooey texture. Use plastic knife to cut. Garnish with powdered sugar after completely cooled.