I love Chinese food and am always looking for a good recipe to make at home. My friend Susie made this for me when I was visiting her in my hometown of Ashland, Wisconsin. Susie is a great cook and whips up a meal in no time that is delicious and easy to make. Susie spent a lot of time at our house when my sister was laid up with back surgery for 6 months, playing cards and watching TV. She is more like a sister to our family.
The recipes I get from friends and family are always my favorites.
Try my Wendy’s Sundae Dessert to go with this meal.
Tempting Teriyaki Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless beef in 1" strips
- 1 can water chestnuts ( drained)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 12 oz frozen Asian vegetables
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine beef, water chestnuts, cornstarch, garlic and teriyaki sauce. Marinade ingredients for 15 min.
- Drain and reserve sauce.Cook frozen vegetables as directed.
- Use a 12" skillet or wok . Heat oil to medium high heat. Add beef, garlic, chestnuts & green onions. Stir frequently as beef cooks. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cooked Asian vegetables and reserved sauce.Continue to stir until mixture thickens. Serve over cooked rice.