Ice cream is one of my favorite go-to desserts. When my son was little he wasn’t a big fan of cake, especially for his birthday. This ice cream sundae became his birthday request. It’s always a great dessert to serve when company comes for dinner. It will keep in the freezer for a week.
Wendy’s Sundae Dessert
- 13 x 9 pan
- 24 pcs Oreo cookies , crushed
- 1/4 cup Melted margarine
- 1/2 Gal Vanilla ice cream, softened
- 15 oz Smuckers or Hershey chocolate fudge in jar
- 8 oz Cool whip
- cashews or peanuts for topping
- Layer 1 . Crush Oreos in blender until fine. Melt butter and stir into Oreos. Press in pan. Freeze appx 15 min
- Layer 2. Spread softened vanilla ice cream over frozen Oreo layer. Freeze appx 15 min.
- Layer 3. Spread chocolate fudge over frozen ice cream. ( If in a glass jar remove lid and microwave 20 sec. to thin out fudge to spread evenly.) Freeze appx. 15 min.
- Layer 4. Spread softened Cool whip over frozen fudge layer. Freeze appx 15 min.Sprinkle cashews or peanuts over top . Cover and freeze overnight .