I always loved the scent of cloves. My Mom would make this swiss steak in the crock pot with cloves and it would fill the house with a wonderful aroma.
On a cold winter day there is nothing like a warm home made meal.
This can be prepared before you leave for work and when you get home its ready to serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
- slow cooker
- 2 lb round or flank steak
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp Chicago steak seasoning
- 1 cube beef bullion, dissolve in 1/2 cup water.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Spray cooker with non-stick spray.
- Brown steak on both sides.
- Pour diced tomatoes over steak, along with cloves, seasoning, and remainder of ingredients.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.