I love chocolate! There are times when I need a fix and this is my solution.
My Grandfather loved chocolate too. My sister and I feel we inherited the chocolate gene from him. This recipe is quick , easy and very satisfying.
no bake cookies
- Dutch oven
- 1/2 cup margarine ( 1 stick)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Slice margarine and melt on low heat , add sugar once butter has melted. Stir.
- Add cocoa powder and milk. Stir occasionally and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter , stir. Add quick oats and vanilla. Stir all together.
- Drop by tsp onto waxed paper and cool. Yield appx. 3 dozen.