Hamburger was always a staple in our house growing up. There were so many different ways to use it.
We didn’t have a lot of money but Mom always had great meals for us and often served homemade bread or rolls along with the meal.
This recipe is one that we had often as it was a one skillet prep and didn’t take long to make. We were often off to softball games that our folks participated in and in later years my sister and I played on a Women’s volleyball league with our Mom and Aunt. Those Volleyball games were so much fun, we laughed more than we played the game!
Enjoy this easy recipe!
- large 12 " skillet with cover
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 4 medium new potatoes cut in chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cube beef bullion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Brown onion and hamburger in skillet with salt and pepper to taste. Drain off fat.
- Add water,potatoes,bullion and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover and cook on low 30 min or until potatoes are tender.
- Add frozen vegetables for 15 min. Cover.