Fall is in the air with crispy mornings, warm days and cool evenings when the sun goes down. We usually started having a lot of cold rain by October. We would be excited as kids for Halloween and dressing up to go trick or treating and usually would end up wearing coats and hats over our outfits because it was so cold or rainy. This is the time of year we would break out the casserole dish and prepare delicious warm meals for dinner.
This dish is an easy one to put together in about an hour. I love the crunchy noodles on top that compliment the rice and soups that have blended together. I always add extra noodles on top when I serve this dish.
beef and noodle casserole
- 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, 12" skillet
- 1 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can chicken noodle soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water
- 1/2 cup raw rice
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg chow mein noodles (like LaChoy)
- Brown hamburger and onion in skillet. Drain.
- Pour into 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Add: chicken noodle soup, mushroom soup, water, rice, and sauces. Stir together.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes. *The last 15 minutes sprinkle chow mein noodles and cook.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Add more noodles if desired when serving.