This dish has the colors of fall season. I remember walking through the leaves as a kid. My sister and I would make huge piles of colorful leaves, red, orange, and yellow that fell off the big maple tree in our front yard. We would spend hours raking them up into huge piles and jumping into them. The neighbor kids would come by and join us. Those crispy leaves would make crunching noises as we jumped which were delightful. Our dog would get in on the action as well.
The colors in this dish remind me of all the beautiful fall colors we can only appreciate for a short time. Winter is just around the corner and soon all those colors will disappear and white snow will take their place.
chicken skillet dinner
- 12" skillet
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow or orange peppers
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups Egg noodles, uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a 12" skillet with vegetable oil, add chicken, cook on medium low.
- Add tomatoes, peppers, and seasonings. Stir.
- Add mixed vegetables, egg noodles and stir again.
- Cover on medium low and cook until vegetables and peppers are soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!