My family had summer cook-outs when I was a kid. We had a short summer season so we made the most of theses days. My Dad was one of 12 children and my Mom was one of 5. Needless to say it wasn’t hard to get a group together for a family cook-out. We had an open field next to our house and were able to set up a badminton net, horse shoes, and even a pick up baseball game. Those were days I cherished.
Everyone would bring a dish to share and barbecue chicken was always popular. This recipe could be put on the grill and basted with the honey sauce. I prefer to make it in my crock pot as it comes out juicy and falling apart. Yum!
Barbecue Rub Chicken
- Crock pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb chicken legs or thighs
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup honey roasted barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl blend seasonings together to make a rub for chicken.
- Dry chicken and put rub on each piece (use back of spoon to prevent fingers from staining)
- In a skillet add oil and place rubbed chicken on medium heat to brown. ( 5 min.)
- Add garlic, Honey barbecue sauce and water
- Place chicken in Crock pot on high heat and cover for 4 hours.