I used to love going to the bakery and picking up a chocolate eclair. The combination of chocolate and pudding was so delicious!
My friend Barb gave me this recipe years ago and I love to serve it to company. It reminds me of the bakery eclairs I looked forward to as a kid.
The recipe calls for layers which sound like a lot of detail but once you get started it goes fast.
The closer you can line the graham crackers the easier it is to spread the pudding mixture and frosting.
I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as I do.
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 13 x 9 pan, large bowl
- 1 box whole graham crackers
- 1 pkg (large) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 9 oz cool whip( thawed)
- 1 small chocolate frosting container
- Layer 1 :Butter pan and line with graham crackers
- Layer 2: Combine pudding and milk in large bowl and beat until thick. Add cool whip and mix.Spread 1/2 mixture over graham crackers.
- Layer 3: Line another layer of graham crackers over pudding mixture.
- Layer 4: Spread remaining pudding mixture over graham crackers.
- Layer 5: Line another layer of graham crackers over pudding mixture.
- Layer 6: Microwave the chocolate frosting about 20 sec. to make it easier to spread.Spread evenly over the graham crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours to have all the ingredients blend together.