Every year my friend Melanie and her husband Richard put on a lovely Holiday party. Melanie makes ham, prime rib, with side dishes of homemade macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, mashed potatoes and gravy.
We all look forward to a marvelous dinner with 2 dessert specialties and great conversation.
At the end of the evening Melanie makes sure we all go home with leftovers for more meals which is a wonderful bonus!
Melanie also sends us home with a box of her famous peanut butter fudge!
It is the best melt in your mouth fudge I have ever had. If you aren’t a big fan of chocolate this is a great alternative. I’m sure you will love it!
Ultimate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Dutch oven, 13 x 9 pan
- 3/4 cup butter/margarine (1 1/2 stick)
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with wax paper and coat with spray or margarine.
- In Dutch oven over medium heat melt butter,sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and constantly stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sir in Peanut butter, marshmallow cream and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
- Pour evenly into prepared pan and cool in the refrigerator until firm. (about 2 hours)
- Cut into 1 " sq and store in airtight container. Makes about 50 squares.