I remember having Boston Cream pie at a special event and thinking how wonderful it tasted. I have been looking for an easy recipe to duplicate it and came across this one. It makes a 13 x 9 pan and is a perfect dessert for company. The rich flavor of the pudding compliments the cake and chocolate topping with a melt in your mouth lightness.
I’ve served this Boston Cream Cake to my family and friends and they all agreed this was a fantastic dessert. It didn’t take long for it to disappear!
Tempting Boston Cream Cake
- 13 x 9 pan, large bowl
- 1 box moist yellow cake mix (bake as directed )
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding ( make as directed)
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- Bake cake as directed on the box in a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan
- Prepare pudding as directed while the cake cools down a bit.
- While the cake is still warm, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes about an inch apart over the cake.
- Spread the prepared pudding over the cake pushing it into the holes.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and seal from the frosting , microwave 15-20 second until the frosting is can be poured easily but not bubbling.
- Spread frosting over the cake and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover.
- I would recommend serving the cake once it sets as the pudding softens the cake over time