This cranberry bread recipe is a sweet bread which makes two loaves — one for you and one for a friend, or you can wrap it tightly in foil and freeze a loaf for later. Cool the loaves completely before wrapping them. They keep best in foil stored in the refrigerator.
How did I discover this cranberry bread recipe?
I met Kathy walking my dog at our local park. We meet at 7:30 every morning and as we walk our dogs along the paths we visit, exchange recipes ideas, and test each other’s cooking & baking samples. We’ve been doing this for 5 years now, and needless to say we have found some great recipes to share!
This cranberry bread combines a fabulous sweetness along with the tartness of the cranberries, which is a wonderful combination. I love to warm it up a few seconds in the microwave and put a little butter on top. Yum!
If you haven’t gobbled up all of the cranberry bread up with your morning coffee, this sweet bread makes a great dessert after a hearty meal of beef stew. But a quick warning — while you’ll have a smile on your face from a super happy tummy, you might also need a nice long nap after such a satisfying meal!
This dessert-style sweet cranberry bread also makes a special gift for the holiday season. And, if you’re looking for another great bread to give as a gift, you may also want to try Gloria’s Overnight Coffee Cake. Giving your friends and family a gift of both dessert recipes will surely keep you on the guest list for years to come. 🙂 Enjoy!
Kathy’s Cranberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 stick margarine (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and margarine with electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy (about 2 min)
- Add vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add sour cream, mix well, add flour baking soda and salt, mix well.
- Stir in cranberries, divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake bread about 55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.