My mother in law Gloria gave me this recipe years ago. It’s a great recipe to make ahead and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, pop it in the oven 35 to 40 minutes and you have a warm breakfast treat or something homemade for coffee with the girls at a later time. It’ll stay fresh if you keep it covered.
Gloria’s Overnight Coffeecake
breakfast or dessert
- 13 x 9 inch pan
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar ( topping)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (topping)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream together: sugar and margarine.
- Add 2 eggs, mix.
- Combine flour, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and add to creamed mixture.Alternate sour cream and flour combo until well blended. Pour into greased pan.
- Combine topping mixture and sprinkle over batter. Cover and store in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 min.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!