I have been searching for some vegan chocolate dessert recipes as I have friends that are plant-based and wanted to offer some tasty desserts they would enjoy. My son is also vegan (but he hates “labels” so he only wants me to say he “follows a plant-based diet”…you moms know what I’m talking about – haha) and he loves chocolate. So I’m always looking for tasty desserts I can make that he can enjoy as well.
What I love about this easy vegan chocolate dessert crispies recipe
This vegan chocolate dessert recipe offers some of my favorite sweet tastes: chocolate (of course), peanut butter and maple syrup all in one. The maple syrup becomes the binder instead of heavy sugars you might use in other recipes. Tasty, natural, and a good binding agent? Maple syrup for the win!
I will continue my search for more vegan chocolate dessert recipes that my readers might enjoy. Thanks for checking my recipe blog. I’m having fun writing up my recipes for everyone and if you have any comments or ideas please share them in the comments below. Have a great day!
Vegan Chocolate Crispies Dessert
- 8 x 8 pan
- 4 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- In Microwave safe bowl, melt chips and peanut butter at 30 sec. intervals until smooth and blended.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil and warm for 30 sec until blended .
- Remove from microwave and slowly mix in the 4 cups of rice crispies.
- Pour into greased 8 x 8 dish and refrigerate at least an hour.