This is a quick and easy recipe for poached salmon for those busy work nights.
I grew up on the bay of Lake Superior. Mom and Dad used to take us down to the ore dock to fish for Walleye, Perch and Northern. It was fun to watch the bobbers go down when a fish took the bait. We didn’t always catch something, but spent a great afternoon on a sunny day with the family.
This recipe would work for cod as well as salmon. For dessert, I recommend chocolate eclair cake.
Skillet Poached Salmon
- 2 6 oz salmon fillets ( fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 pcs sliced onion
- Spray skillet with oil.
- Put 1/2 inch water in skillet.
- Lay salmon in skillet and put lemon juice over fillets.
- Add lemon pepper seasoning over fillets with slices of onion on top.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.Serve with steamed vegetables.