We didn’t have a Chinese restaurant in our little town growing up so Mom created her own recipe. It’s an easy recipe to put together.
I could set this up in the morning and head to work. The only thing I had to do was make rice or noodles when I returned and there was dinner!
Slow Cooker Chop Suey
Chop suey in a crock pot
- Crock pot
- 2 lbs pork stew meat in chunks
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 15 oz can Chinese vegetables (drained)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray pot with cooking spray, brown meat on high.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and stir.
- Pour water over meat and stir in remaining ingredients except Chinese vegetables. Cover and cook for 4 hours.
- Add Chinese vegetables the last 1/2 hour of cook time.
- Pour over rice or noodles to serve.
- If you want to slow down the cooking time to 6 to 8 hours turn to low after browning meat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!