We bought a few too many dried goods this spring, so we’re always looking for new recipe ideas for beans, lentils, and such. Not too long ago we tried some traditional beans in the Instant Pot and they turned out great. Then, we saw Sam Turnbull’s Sweet Korean BBQ Lentils and got inspired to try our own take on creating a vegan version of a traditional Asian barbecue dish.
Instead of sautéing any of the ingredients ahead of time, we just plopped everything thing in the Instant Pot, gave it a stir, then sealed up the pot and set it on high pressure for 30 minutes. Quick and easy!
Leave us a comment and let us know if you make this recipe — we’re always interested to hear how you modify the meals!
Korean BBQ Style Lentils (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot
- 1 Cup Green Lentils
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- 1 Each Medium Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seed (optional)
- 1 Package Rice Noodles
- Place all incredients except rice noodles in the Instant Pot
- Stir ingredients together
- Pressure cook oh high pressue for 30 minutes, let steam escape naturally
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions
- Serve lentils over rice noodles